See for yourself what yoga can be for you.
Connect & Energize – Sunday August 2nd at 4pm
Connect & Energize is a special class designed to support a healthy mind during these uncertain times we’re finding ourselves in. Learn how to improve your mood and offset negative feelings like depression, anxiety and fatigue. Standing poses, backward extensions and inversions will be used to stimulate and invigorate the nervous system and bring about feelings of confidence and well-being.
This class is suitable for all levels of students interested in working towards peace and happiness in trying times. $12 for drop-in or use your class pass.Sign up now »
Thursday morning classes cancelled for August
Vickie will be away for part of August, so she is cancelling her Thursday morning classes for the month. Classes will start back up again on Thursday, September 3rd.
Healthy Immune System online practice – Tuesdays 10-11:30am with Carrie
Yoga’s positive effects on physical and mental health are widely recognized, but less talked about are its positive effects on your immune system. Yoga supports immune health with better sleep, improved digestion and increased circulation of both your cardio and lymphatic systems. It also reduces stress which negatively affects your immune system. The class focuses on supported forward extensions, backward extensions and inversions.
All levels are welcome.Sign up now »
Online classes daily!
- Sunday 10-11:30am All Levels with Carrie
- Monday 9-10:3am All Levels with Jenn
- Monday 6-7:30pm All Levels with James
- Tuesday 10-11:30am Healthy Immune System with Carrie
- Tuesday 5:45-7:15pm All Levels with Don
- Wednesday 9-10:30am Level 1 with James
- Thursday 10-11:30am Level 1 with Vickie
- Thursday 5:45-7:15pm All Levels with Don
- Friday 9-10:30am All Levels with Carrie
- Saturday 9-10:30am All Levels with James
Class cost is $12 for a drop-in or purchase a 5-class pass for $50.Sign up now »
Invocation to Patanjali
One of our students suggested that we might want to provide a copy of the Invocation to Patanjali and a pronunciation guide. Many of our instructors will start practice with this chant which honors the ancient tradition of yoga and its lineage. In the words of Geeta Iyengar, “we chant so that at the very beginning that feeling of sanctification comes from inside, with the feeling of surrendering oneself, because nothing can be learned in this world unless you have the humility to learn.” (From an interview of Geeta Iyengar by Margo Kitchen, RIMYI, 1992.)
Download a copy of the Invocation to Patanjali here.
Yoga props available for purchase
To help you with your home practice, we do have a limited number of props available. Just give us a call to pay for the props with a credit card and they’ll be placed in the studio vestibule for you to pick up. All the props for sale are brand new and will be sanitized before pick up.Contact us for prop purchase »
How to sign up for a Zoom class – read these tips first!
- Be sure you have the correct email address stored in your MINDBODY account and all the opt-in boxes are checked so that you can receive the email confirmation and link from us. Email is the only way we have to send the Zoom link to you; that’s why you need to opt in to receive email messages from us.
- Sign up in advance through our Class Schedule page or the MINDBODY app. If you don’t have an account with MINDBODY, you will be prompted to set one up. Once your account is set up, you can pay with a credit card for the class.
- Sign up at least 30 minutes before class starts in order to get the Zoom link.
- You will receive an automated confirmation email with the Zoom link from us immediately after you sign up for the class.
- If you don’t see the confirmation email right away, check your spam filter. Since it’s an automated email, it may end up there. Be sure to save us as a contact so that future confirmation emails will come to your inbox.
- If you are new to Zoom, you will be prompted to download the software the first time you log on. The platform is free and you don’t have to have a Zoom account in order to attend an online class.
- 5-10 minutes before class starts, click the Zoom link in the confirmation email to enter the “waiting room.” You’ll need to use the same name you have in your MINDBODY account. We will then invite you to join the class.
- Your audio will be unmuted before class starts for any questions you’d like to ask. All audio will be muted during class.
- After class, we will unmute phones again for any questions.
- Have your props ready: mat, blanket or two, block, strap and chair (any dining chair will do).
- If possible, set up near a wall as you may use it during class.
Studio closure through August 31st
As a group, we have made the difficult decision to keep the studio closed through August. The health and wellness of our students, instructors and community is our top priority and as such, we will only reopen when we feel it is completely safe to do so. We miss you all and we look forward to the time when we can practice together again in the studio.
The expiration date on all current class passes will be extended for the amount of time we stay closed.
Remember, yoga is a tremendous tool to help you remain healthy, in mind, body and spirit. Keep your practice going this summer through our online classes. More classes have been added to our schedule!Contact us with any questions »